All visitors coming to Bhutan must have a visa approval prior to their arrival. Except travelers from India, Bangladesh and the Maldives, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa.
Visas are issued by the Department of Immigration only upon confirmation of a travel booking through a Bhutanese operator. Druk Air and Bhutan Airlines (the only two national airlines that flies into the country) will not issue tickets without the clearance and no visa is entertained upon arrival. Your visa will be processed by the travel agent.
All visa formalities are taken care by the travel agent. Visitors must get the visa from the travel agent before coming to Bhutan.
Visas are stamped at the airport along with two passport sized photographs. This visa can be extended further in the capital for up to 6 months upon charging additional cost as determined by the Government from time to time.
You are required to have a valid passport with at least six month’s validity from the date of your departure.
No foreign Embassies/Missions/Agencies can issue Bhutan visa.
- Send the tour payment to Bumrib Bhutan Travels, C/o Tourism Council of Bhutan, upon the receipt of the tour invoice from us.
- Please, fill out the visa application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visa application form can be downloaded from http://www.mfa.gov.bt/visa
- As soon as we get your visa clearance letter from the Department of Immigration (Ministry of Home & Cultural Affairs), we will email a scanned copy to you.
- Please, make sure that you bring a printout copy of the visa clearance letter with you as you will be asked to produce it at the airport before you board the flight to Bhutan.
- The actual visa will be stamped in your passport upon your arrival to Bhutan. The visa fee of US$40 will be collected by the tour operator while making your tour payment.
In case, you need to extend your visa, it can be done in Thimphu upon paying extension fee prescribed by the Government.